|Financial Fitness for Couples|
1. Gather and organize financial facts into two categories:
a) What you can control and
b) What you cannot control
2. Make a game plan for managing what you can control first and then
3. Brainstorm options for what you cannot control; i.e. what could be done, if anything, to manage uncontrollable factors.
4. Develop a game plan that includes small and manageable steps with short-term objectives. Small steps lead to big gains.
5. Keep current on your progress and communicate about the process and progress.
6. Develop a team perspective including both partners and relevant family members.
7. Communicate without blame or judgment of "right" or "wrong". Develop a compatible way of working the plan to capitalize on a team perspective.